The Culinary Institute of America
New York, USA
The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) is an American private college specializing in culinary and baking and pastry arts education. The CIA’s primary campus is located in Hyde Park, New York, with branch campuses in St. Helena, California, San Antonio, Texas, and the Republic of Singapore. The college has the largest staff of American Culinary Federation Certified Master Chefs. The CIA also offers continuing education for professionals in the hospitality industry as well as conferences and consulting services.
The school's Archives and Special Collections department is located in the Hyde Park campus' Conrad N. Hilton Library. Highlights of the collection includes a Roman amphora displayed in the Archives Reading Room, menu covers for New York City's Chanterelle Restaurant which were designed by notable artists, and a 1556 Latin edition of Athenaeus' Deipnosophistae, volume 15.
6498 (M-36%, F-64%)
$14,148 (room and board: $9,400)
TOEFL (61) IELTS (6.0) (May differ from major)
40.3% / 2.0
Programs and Majors
- Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
- Bachelor's Degree in Culinary Arts
- Accelerated Culinary Arts Certificate Program
- Associate Degree in Baking and Pastry
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Business Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Applied Food Studies